Holy Housewives
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week One--Preface and Chapter 1

5 posters

Go down

Week One--Preface and Chapter 1 Empty Week One--Preface and Chapter 1

Post by admin Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:58 pm

Today begins our first week of Holy Housewives being a real group of women striving together to be the Titus 2, Proverbs 31 women that the bible guides us to be. I don’t know about you, but I am excited to work with other women and see where God leads us as we learn together.

This week our assignment will be to read the Preface and Chapter One from Passionate Housewives Desperate for God. We will be reading about the Dispelling the Myth, and The Other Side of the Street. As I read through these pages with you, I will be posting some, what I hope to be thought provoking questions.

Remember, you can participate through several avenues.

1. Leaving a comment here at the forum.

2. Posting your thoughts on your blog and leaving a link in the linky to your post.

3. Posting a comment on our blogs.

4. If you would like a Facebook page, I will can make one
5. Use our Twitter Hash tag. #HolyHousewives

Please share with your friends about this ministry.

admin
Admin

http://holyhousewives.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Week One--Preface and Chapter 1 Empty Woo-hoo, we are getting started!

Post by Melissa Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:09 am

I am so excited about this book club and co-hosting it with Betty! I pray for each and every one of you traveling this journey with us that God will open our eyes to the truth and equip us to do what we need to do to be obedient to His calling and His word. I encourage you to use this forum to discuss anything that you deal with as you read through this first book with us. And, remember we are praying for you and honored that you want to be a part of Holy Housewives!

Melissa, Multi-tasking Mama

Melissa

Back to top Go down

Week One--Preface and Chapter 1 Empty Re: Week One--Preface and Chapter 1

Post by sherri_b Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:23 pm

Finding this group... and Betty's blog has TRULY been a blessing to me! I'm very excited about this study & am working on acquiring my own copy of the book, so I might be a tad behind at first but I'm a quick reader! Wink

~Sherri

PS
I think a Facebook Page is a GREAT idea!

sherri_b

Back to top Go down

Post by Tara Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:28 pm

I was excitied about finding this forum. A dear friend of mine several months ago asked me if I knew all the things that Titus 2 tell me to do. I thought sure I know them, but when I actually tried to say them I could not remember one of them. She also has let me borrow the book that we are discussing. I have already read it and for those of you who are just now reading it you will love it. I am excitied about joing you all and getting to know everyone.

Tara

Back to top Go down

Post by mamaewe Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:21 pm

Hi, I just read PHDG and then found this! The book really spoke to me and I think this would be a great way to go over it again and make more of the principles a part of my life.

Thank you for doing this!

God Bless,
Sherry

mamaewe

Back to top Go down

Post by Violet Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:01 pm

I don't have the book, but I intend to join in any conversations either here or on the FB page (*hint, hint Very Happy )

Week One--Preface and Chapter 1 1087824F15FC558EB22CDD57E74C2ED1
My Natural Motherhood Journey

Violet

http://www.my-natual-motherhood-journey.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tinybubbles Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:18 pm

Just got my book this afternoon. I'm headed off to start reading!

tinybubbles

http://www.freewebs.com/lllacademy

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:49 pm

I have not forgotten this study. Finishing wheat harvest and trying to tie up loose ends. I will be here. Keep the conversations going. Wink

admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Week One--Preface and Chapter 1 Empty book club

Post by momxs6 Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:34 am

I am so truly blessed to find your website. I am a working mom of 6 children. I read your blog everyday and am glad you are having this "book club" I do not have the book but am in the process of finding it. Being a frugal family I am trying to find any way to purchase it cheaper. I will just be a litle behind but I am sure I can catch up quickly. Thank-you so much for your time.

Sandy

momxs6

Back to top Go down

Post by tinybubbles Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:12 pm

Read through the Intro and Chapter 1. I can see where I am a lot like "Carolyn." I love my husband and my seven children very much, but have been searching for the elusive "me time." I'm going to keep processing the material and will most likely re-read it this evening.

tinybubbles

http://www.freewebs.com/lllacademy

Back to top Go down

Post by admin Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:56 pm

I no longer have an issue being home. My issue is getting away from home. This past winter, to protect our babies, from respiratory illnesses, I stayed home for 6 wks then went to the grocery store, then home for 7 more. I don't get much me time, and I am ok with that. IF I find I need it, I take a nice long shower when dh is home. Other times, I put a movie in for the children and take a corner with God. I do understand needing time to your self once in a while, but most of the time, I find it selfish when I feel that I need that time. Turn to God and suddenly, I no longer feel so "needy". Wink

admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down